Your privacy is important to us. At POPisms.com, we have a few fundamental principles:
- We are thoughtful about the personal information we ask you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you through the operation of our services.
- We store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it.
- We aim to make it as simple as possible for you to control what information on POPisms.com is shared publicly (or kept private), indexed by search engines, and permanently deleted.
- We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your personal information.
Who We Are and What This Policy Covers
- Our website (popisms.com)
- Other products and services that are available on or through our website
Below we explain how we collect, use, and share information about you, along with the choices that you have with respect to that information.
Information We Collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so – for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better.
We collect information in three ways: if and when you provide information to us, automatically through operating our services, and from outside sources. Let's go over the information that we collect.
Information You Provide to Us
It's probably no surprise that we collect information that you provide to us. The amount and type of information depends on the context and how we use the information. Here are some examples:
- Basic Account Information: We ask for basic information from you in order to set up your account. For example, we require individuals who sign up for a POPisms.com account to provide a username and email address. You may provide us with more information – like your name – but we don't require that information to create your account.
- Public Profile Information: If you have an account with us, we collect the information that you provide for your public profile. For example, if you have a POPisms.com account, your username is part of that public profile, along with any other information you put into your public profile. Your public profile is just that – public – so please keep that in mind when deciding what information you would like to include.
- Content Information: Depending on the Services you use, you may also provide us with information about you. For example, if you submit a comment that includes biographic information about you, we will have that information, and so will anyone with access to the Internet, if you choose to publish the post publicly.
- External Identities and Profiles: Depending on the Services you use, you may provide us with username and URLs for external sites and social media profiles.
- Communications with Us: You may also provide us information when you respond to surveys, communicate with our staff with questions or support requests, or post a question in our public forums.
Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect some information automatically:
- Log Information: Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information.
- Usage Information: We collect information about your usage of our Services. For example, we collect information about the actions that users perform on a site – in other words, who did what, when they did it, and to what thing they did it to (e.g., [User A] [added a comment] at [4/26/2018 12:13:27 AM]). We also collect information about what happens when you use our Services along with information about your device. We use this information to, for example, provide our Services to you, as well as get insights on how people use our Services, so we can make our Services better.
- Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our Services from certain geographic regions.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may also get information about you from other sources. For example, if you create or log into POPisms.com through another service (e.g., log in using your Google account) or connect your profile to a web site, URL, or social media service we may receive information from that service (such as your username, basic profile information, and friends list) via the authorization procedures used by that service. The information we receive depends on which services you authorize and any options that are available.
In some cases, we may collect information from other web sites or social media services related to our website or Service (for example, if someone 'Likes' a post on our Facebook page).
How We Use Information
We use information about you as mentioned above and as follows:
- To provide our Services – for example, to set up and maintain your account/profile;
- To further develop our Services – for example by adding new features that we think our users will enjoy or will help them to create and manage their websites more efficiently;
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our Services, which helps us improve our Services and make them easier to use;
- To monitor and protect the security of our Services, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of POPisms.com and others;
- To communicate with you about offers and promotions offered by POPisms.com and others we think will be of interest to you, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date on POPisms.com and our products; and
- To personalize your experience using our Services, provide content recommendations and serve relevant advertisements.
How We Share Information
We do not sell our users' private personal information.
We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- Third Party Vendors: We may share information about you with third party vendors who need to know information about you in order to provide their services to us. This group includes those that help us understand and enhance our Services (like analytics providers). We require vendors to agree to privacy commitments in order to share information with them.
- As Required by Law: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
- To Protect Rights and Property: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of POPisms.com, third parties, or the public at large. For example, if we have a good faith belief that there is an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury, we may disclose information related to the emergency without delay.
- With Your Consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction. For example, some services may allow you to post to your social media account through POPisms.com.
- Aggregated and De-Identified Information: We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our Services.
- Published Support Requests: And if you send us a request (for example, via a support email or one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish that request in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users.
Information Shared Publicly
Information that you choose to make public is can be publicly displayed on the website and/or your profile. That means that information like your public profile, posts, ratings, and other content that you make public are all available to others. Public information may also be indexed by search engines or used by third parties. Please keep all of this in mind when deciding what you would like to share.
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so. We encourage you to choose strong passwords and keep any connected accounts secure.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Limit the Information that You Provide: If you have an account with us, you can choose not to provide the optional account information, and profile information. Please keep in mind that if you do not provide this information, certain features of our Services may not be accessible.
- Opt-Out of Electronic Communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us. Just follow the instructions in those messages. If you opt out of promotional messages, we may still send you other messages, like those about your account and legal notices.
- Set Your Browser to Reject Cookies: At this time, POPisms.com does not respond to "do not track" signals across all of our Services. However, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using POPisms.com's websites, with the drawback that certain features of POPisms.com's websites may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
Other Things You Should Know
POPisms.com is a worldwide service. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing, transfer, and storage of information in and to the United States and other countries, which may have rights and protections that are different from those in your home country.
Advertisements and Analytics Services Provided by Others
This site uses affiliate links and does earn a commission from certain links. This does not affect your purchases or the price you may pay.
Links to Third Party Sites and Resources
We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party sites, products, or services.
Third Party Software
If you'd like to use third party software like plugins with our Services, please keep in mind that when you interact with them you may provide information about yourself to those third parties. We don't own or control these third parties and they have their own rules about collection, use and sharing of information. You should review their rules and policies when installing and using third party software.