Your privacy is important to us. At POPisms.com, we have a few fundamental principles:
- We are thoughtful about the personal information we ask you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you through the operation of our services.
- We store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it.
- We aim to make it as simple as possible for you to control what information on POPisms.com is shared publicly (or kept private), indexed by search engines, and permanently deleted.
- We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your personal information.
Who We Are and What This Policy Covers
- Our website (popisms.com)
- Other products and services that are available on or through our website
Below we explain how we collect, use, and share information about you, along with the choices that you have with respect to that information.
Information We Collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so – for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better.
We collect information in three ways: if and when you provide information to us, automatically through operating our services, and from outside sources. Let's go over the information that we collect.
Information You Provide to Us
It's probably no surprise that we collect information that you provide to us. The amount and type of information depends on the context and how we use the information. Here are some examples:
- Basic Account Information: We ask for basic information from you in order to set up your account. For example, we require individuals who sign up for a POPisms.com account to provide a username and email address. You may provide us with more information – like your name – but we don't require that information to create your account.
- Public Profile Information: If you have an account with us, we collect the information that you provide for your public profile. For example, if you have a POPisms.com account, your username is part of that public profile, along with any other information you put into your public profile. Your public profile is just that – public – so please keep that in mind when deciding what information you would like to include.
- Content Information: Depending on the Services you use, you may also provide us with information about you. For example, if you submit a comment that includes biographic information about you, we will have that information, and so will anyone with access to the Internet, if you choose to publish the post publicly.
- External Identities and Profiles: Depending on the Services you use, you may provide us with username and URLs for external sites and social media profiles.
- Communications with Us: You may also provide us information when you respond to surveys, communicate with our staff with questions or support requests, or post a question in our public forums.
Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect some information automatically:
- Log Information: Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information.
- Usage Information: We collect information about your usage of our Services. For example, we collect information about the actions that users perform on a site – in other words, who did what, when they did it, and to what thing they did it to (e.g., [User A] [added a comment] at [5/21/2022 10:20:12 AM]). We also collect information about what happens when you use our Services along with information about your device. We use this information to, for example, provide our Services to you, as well as get insights on how people use our Services, so we can make our Services better.
- Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our Services from certain geographic regions.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may also get information about you from other sources. For example, if you create or log into POPisms.com through another service (e.g., log in using your Google account) or connect your profile to a web site, URL, or social media service we may receive information from that service (such as your username, basic profile information, and friends list) via the authorization procedures used by that service. The information we receive depends on which services you authorize and any options that are available.
In some cases, we may collect information from other web sites or social media services related to our website or Service (for example, if someone 'Likes' a post on our Facebook page).
How We Use Information
We use information about you as mentioned above and as follows:
- To provide our Services – for example, to set up and maintain your account/profile;
- To further develop our Services – for example by adding new features that we think our users will enjoy or will help them to create and manage their websites more efficiently;
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our Services, which helps us improve our Services and make them easier to use;
- To monitor and protect the security of our Services, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of POPisms.com and others;
- To communicate with you about offers and promotions offered by POPisms.com and others we think will be of interest to you, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date on POPisms.com and our products; and
- To personalize your experience using our Services, provide content recommendations and serve relevant advertisements.
How We Share Information
We do not sell our users' private personal information.
We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
Specific information about third-party services used on POPisms.com can be found in the "Third-Party Privacy Disclosures" section below.
- Third Party Vendors: We may share information about you with third party vendors who need to know information about you in order to provide their services to us. This group includes those that help us understand and enhance our Services (like analytics providers). We require vendors to agree to privacy commitments in order to share information with them.
- As Required by Law: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
- To Protect Rights and Property: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of POPisms.com, third parties, or the public at large. For example, if we have a good faith belief that there is an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury, we may disclose information related to the emergency without delay.
- With Your Consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction. For example, some services may allow you to post to your social media account through POPisms.com.
- Aggregated and De-Identified Information: We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our Services.
- Published Support Requests: And if you send us a request (for example, via a support email or one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish that request in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users.
Information Shared Publicly
Information that you choose to make public is can be publicly displayed on the website and/or your profile. That means that information like your public profile, posts, ratings, and other content that you make public are all available to others. Public information may also be indexed by search engines or used by third parties. Please keep all of this in mind when deciding what you would like to share.
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so. We encourage you to choose strong passwords and keep any connected accounts secure.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Limit the Information that You Provide: If you have an account with us, you can choose not to provide the optional account information, and profile information. Please keep in mind that if you do not provide this information, certain features of our Services may not be accessible.
- Opt-Out of Electronic Communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us. Just follow the instructions in those messages. If you opt out of promotional messages, we may still send you other messages, like those about your account and legal notices.
- Set Your Browser to Reject Cookies: At this time, POPisms.com does not respond to "do not track" signals across all of our Services. However, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using POPisms.com's websites, with the drawback that certain features of POPisms.com's websites may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
Other Things You Should Know
POPisms.com is a worldwide service. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing, transfer, and storage of information in and to the United States and other countries, which may have rights and protections that are different from those in your home country.
Advertisements and Analytics Services Provided by Others
This site uses affiliate links and does earn a commission from certain links. This does not affect your purchases or the price you may pay.
Links to Third Party Sites and Resources
We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party sites, products, or services.
Third Party Software
If you'd like to use third party software like plugins with our Services, please keep in mind that when you interact with them you may provide information about yourself to those third parties. We don't own or control these third parties and they have their own rules about collection, use and sharing of information. You should review their rules and policies when installing and using third party software.
Third-Party Privacy Disclosures
The following disclosures are required by third-party services used on POPisms.com
NOTE TO READER: In this section "We", "we", "Our", and "our" refer to Skimlinks (not POPisms.com). "Skimlinks Enabled Site" or "Skimlinks Enabled Sites" may refer to POPisms.com or any other site which utilizes the services of Skimlinks.
What information does Skimlinks collect about Users through its technology and how does it use this information?
We store Users' IP addresses, from which we can determine a User's approximate geographical location (e.g. country or region). We need this information to optimize the links that are created/monetized to suit the geography of the User, and to provide aggregate reporting to Publishers, Merchants and Advertisers on the location of users visiting Skimlinks Enabled Sites. We also use IP addresses as part of our efforts to reduce fraud and identify non-human browsing patterns.
We store information about the device that a User uses to access sites within our Publisher network, such as the browser type, browser version, and type of device. This helps us ensure we can diagnose and fix browser compatibility issues more swiftly, optimize our service to suit the preferred browsing environments, and provide aggregate reporting to Publishers, Merchants and Advertisers.
We store non-identifiable information, using cookies and device identifiers, about the websites within our Publisher network that Users visit, which of our links Users click on, and whether Users make a purchase. This enables us to provide Users with relevant and useful links and advertising to products and/or services in which they are likely to be interested, and to Merchants and Advertisers from whom they are likely to want to buy. Further information regarding the cookies we utilise to collect this information can be found at https://skimlinks.com/user-cookies
As part of the information available in standard web serving logs, we also store information about the referrer, i.e. the website page from which the User linked to the Skimlinks Enabled Site.
To provide Publishers and Merchants with the Service, we collect information on visits and sales on Skimlinks Enabled Sites, including but not limited to order value, products bought, and order identifiers. These are used to help Publishers, Merchants and Advertisers make better marketing and content creation decisions.
At no time do we know who a User is, nor do we make any attempt to try and identify a User.
How can I disable Skimlinks cookies?
If you no longer want Skimlinks to store data about the websites you visit, the links you click and the Merchants you buy from, you can simply opt-out at https://optout.skimlinks.com. This will mean Skimlinks will not drop Skimlinks cookies when you browse websites in our Publisher or Merchant network.
Please note: This opt-out facility relies on a cookie being set on your browser. By visiting the link above, you acknowledge that we will be setting and maintaining the cookie on your browser in order to recognise you as an opted-out visitor. You must opt-out again if you clear that cookie from your browser (see allaboutcookies.org for more information), use a different internet browser, or use a different computer to access the internet.
U.S. visitors can understand more about cookies and their choices at these websites:
EU/EEA visitors can understand more about cookies and their choices at:
If you opt-out of Skimlinks cookies, Skimlinks will still operate on pages that you visit, and still create monetizable links in content if the Publisher has chosen to install Skimlinks on its website. We just won’t optimise these links based on your preferences and behaviours, nor will we associate the websites you visit and shop from to a specific cookie.
In order for referral fees and commissions to be paid by Merchants to Publishers, Skimlinks works with affiliate networks and other ad networks that manage the relationships between Skimlinks and the Merchants. As set out above, Users who receive Skimlinks cookies are also assigned a unique identifier number.
When a User clicks on a link created by a Tool, Skimlinks attaches the User’s unique identifier number so it passes to the appropriate affiliate network for the purpose of tracking whether that User makes a purchase on the Merchant website they visit. Note that at no time do we pass any Personal Information, nor make any attempt to determine the actual identity of an individual User; all information is completely anonymous and used only for the purposes of optimizing the service provided to the User. The affiliate and ad networks that work with Skimlinks also use their own cookies in order to track if a sale has occurred, as most of these parties will only pay Publishers when a referral has been successful, i.e. a sale was completed. We do not have control over or access to these cookies and they are dropped by the affiliate and ad networks via our Skimlinks Enabled Sites.
The POPisms Facebook app is a facebook login app. According to Facebook policy, we have to provide User Data Deletion Callback URL or Data Deletion Instructions URL.
To delete your Facebook information from our servers:
- Sign in with your Facebook account.
- Click the your username at the top of the page or click here
- Under "Change your account settings", click the "Manage" link next to "External Logins".
- Under "Your registered logins", click the "Remove" button next to the Facebook option.
You may also wish to remove our app from your Facebook Apps and Websites settings:
- Log into Facebook
- Go to your Facebook account's Setting & Privacy page
- Click "Settings"
- Click "Apps and Websites" in the navigation
- Click "Remove" next to "POPisms"