Participation in the POPisms.com website constitutes agreement to the following guidelines, which apply to submissions,
posts, profile information, avatars, signatures, any other content on this site and participation in general. This
includes private messages, which our editors have the ability to read, but only do so when a violation is reported to us or
we have a legitimate reason.
Because of the live nature of the discussions on this community, it is not possible for us to review and/or confirm the accuracy
or validity of a message before it is posted. If you believe that someone has violated our User Guidelines, our
Terms of Service, or you have found content that may otherwise require attention, please use
our contact form with a link to the content and a brief description of what you believe is wrong.
Notification is voluntary and anonymous, but in no case should a user respond to a situation personally, thereby aggravating
the situation further. Responding to a violation in an inflammatory manner is a violation in itself and will result in appropriate
- Cross-posting is not allowed and will result in the removal of one or more posts. Cross-posting is defined as posting the same
information in two or more locations. When posting your topic, please try to post it in the most appropriate place within the
organizational structure of our community. Identical topics posted in the same or different forums will be removed.
- While reputation points, levels, and post count have meaning, they should not be taken too seriously. Attempts to artificially
increase your post count or reputation points are prohibited. This includes the mass creation of short or meaningless posts.
Advertisements are not allowed. Generally speaking, posts made specifically for the promotion of a website, product, or
service are considered advertising. It does not matter if it is a commercial website, a personal website, or a non profit website.
We do authorize and/or sell advertisements on a case-by-case basis. If you are interested in utilizing this option, please contact us.
Anyone found to be posting excessive links to their websites or suspected of using "sneaky" advertising methods is in
violation of this guideline. You may only post a link to your site/a site that you are in some way affiliated with if the link
specifically answers the question that is being asked and the answer cannot be simply posted without the link. Even then, link
directly to the page where the information can be found. General and unnecessary links will be tagged as advertising. If you
are found to be excessively posting links to your site you may lose the ability to post links.
You are not allowed to post an affiliate URL that leads to you earning cash, banner impressions, credits, points, etc. (even if
the link is on topic). Such links are only allowed in signatures and profiles, but may not be referred to in posts.
- Do not post personal, real-life information such as home addresses, phone numbers, or email addresses about yourself or others.
- As this is an English-speaking community, we prefer that posted content be in the English language, so that it can be well received
and properly monitored. The exception to this rule is if you are posting the title or quote of a pop culture reference, and the
original content is in another language. We prefer that you include an English translation with the content in these cases.
- Vulgar language and inappropriate material for its own sake, that is off-topic, or for attacking/abusing others is not allowed and
will be removed. Abbreviations, self censoring, and attempts to circumvent this policy is also a violation of this guideline. Posts
with inappropriate language may receive extra editorial or automated scrutiny. If you feel your post has been censored in error,
please contact us. We try to maintain a family friendly atmosphere whenever it is possible within the main
subject matter of this community. Please keep this in mind when participating. Read our
complaints policy for more information.
- When linking to outside websites, you must ensure that the content of the link is appropriate for our community. This includes mentioning
or referencing a site, even if the mention is not hyperlinked. If you post a link and that link is automatically censored, it is
considered to be an inappropriate link and you should remove it from your post immediately. If left, all posts that feature inappropriate
links will be removed.
- Posts that discuss illegal activities, transactions, or websites will be removed.
- This is a site about pop culture. Off topic discussions, including those about politics or religion may be removed or locked. Topics that
turn into arguments or "flame wars" will also be locked or removed. Likewise, strong political and religious sentiments should be
kept out of profiles, signatures, and other content.
Do not post copyrighted materials (text, video, audio, etc.) that you do not have permission to reproduce or distribute. For text articles,
most of the time you may quote a small portion of the article and you must link to the source (if online) or provide the source (if offline).
Posting the entire article, even with the source, constitutes copyright infringement.
We at POPisms.com are not lawyers, and therefore cannot give legal advise on copyright laws or fair use, however, in general our guidelines
for determining fair use are as follows:
- You cannot quote more than 1000 words or 10% of a copyrighted fiction or non-fiction work, whichever is less.
- You cannot quote more than 250 words of a song lyric or poem.
Even if following these guidelines, copyrighted content may be removed at any time if deemed necessary by the POPisms.com staff, or at the
request of the copyright holder.
- When posting or linking to images, audio, videos, or other files, please refrain from "hotlinking". This is the direct linking to
images (e.g. .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png, etc.), video (e.g. .avi, .mov, .mpg, .mpeg, .wmv, etc.), audio (e.g. .mp3, .wav, etc.),
archives (e.g. .zip, .rar, etc.) or otherwise downloadable or streamable files, on servers that you do not have permission to link to,
instead of linking to the page where the item can be found. This includes providing a direct link to the file, even if that file is not
embedded into your post. This practice costs the server owner money and resources.
- You must respect your fellow members. Please refrain from inflammatory and defamatory comments as well as flaming, taunting, and general
disrespect. Do not simply put down the opinion or advice given by others. If you don't agree with it, say why - respectfully. Don't just
tell them they're wrong. Do not make uninvited remarks about typos, misspellings, issues with grammar, duplicate posts, or posting styles.
- Signatures are limited to 255 characters - this includes letters, punctuation, and HTML tags and attributes. Images are not allowed.
Signatures may not use excessively sized fonts, different color fonts or background colors, hidden text, or other content that is distracting
to other users. You may mention websites and ventures that you are in some way related to, as long as they are otherwise appropriate
for this community.
- Each user is allowed to create only one account.
- The use of software or bots for automated account creation, posting, voting, or content scraping is not permitted.
- We know that people will have to leave our community (of their own free will or otherwise) from time to time and to that end, we do not generally
delete accounts, posts, or other content posted on our community. All content is granted to us with perpetual electronic publishing rights
because any content posted on this community becomes a part of the community, even if you no longer are. You may request an item to be
removed at any time, but we will decide when and if to remove content from our community. If you wish to no longer be identified with our
community, we will be glad to close your account and alter your profile information to remove all identifying characteristics. After account
closure, you will no longer be able to participate in this community and this action is not reversible.
- Our staff have the final say on anything. If you have a problem, you may make a complaint to them directly or through our
contact form, but not publicly on the website. Creating threads or posts that question or reference administrative
decisions or potential administrative decisions, such as post removals and thread closures, is not permitted.
- If a user violates or shows a disregard for our guidelines, our staff, or our community, they run the risk of losing their account. We reserve
the right to deactivate any account and to edit or remove any content without warning. These guidelines are subject to change at any time
- Whenever you are participating in this community, please keep in mind that we strive to create a fun, friendly and inviting atmosphere. So,
please have fun and enjoy the site!